Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Life...


pitcher heart and fresh beans
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
I don't know about you but the weather here at the moment is just phenomenal! It is a clear day and is 17 degrees! It feels like i'm in the tropics! There is so much out there to be appreciated, from light and heat from the sun to home roasted beans and iced mochas. I have really stepped away from the idea of dessert coffees but right now I think an iced mocha is the absolute bomb. We have made quite a few recently and they are sooo satisfying.

With the whole WBC going on and the Danes taking the show by storm I have found a determination to up my own standard here at home. I haven't not poured art for over a week which is a very satisfying level of consistency. My home roasting is coming along very well and is surprisingly easy once you get the hang of it. I had a scare yesterday when the popper stopped working after I did a batch of Malabar but it was ok again once it cooled, rather than a fuse the machine must run on some thermal control system.

The latest thing going through our minds though is the concept of a signature drink. I want to get some photos of some of the ideas we're playing around with, some based on other drinks out there tailored to my taste and some we are trying to devise ourselves. One is in a 3oz. martini glass which is coming along nicely, you'll have to wait for details and pics! Hang on to your hats!

As for today: Life is great, the weather is amazing, Jon completed the Boston Marathon in 3hrs 12mins which is an amazing accomplishment. He was the only under 20yr old male to qualify for this years 42km race and he finished before people with lower qualifying time passing around about 2500 other participants that were supposedly 'better' and finishing in the top 1100 people. Absolutely incredible- well done Jon!!! He also brought us back coffee from a cafe there (can't remember name), an italian roast which is there house blend. It is extremely dark but is really great as a latte. As espresso it is very carbony but it has fabulous nutty mid-tones and a caramel after taste. He'll probably be round for an after dinner latte.

Our french teacher lives on campus and she's coming up tonight for a coffee as well. She loves espresso based drinks and really enjoys watching the art being poured. Hope I don't disappoint.

I guess that's all for now, I should let my mum know to expect a gaggia in the mail over the next few days!

Cheers
Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

64.4 degrees Fahrenheit for us Americanos =)

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home