Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Espresso Tasting


tastewheel2
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
Tomorrow is the big day. Yes that's right we WILL have an afternoon of espresso tasting, accompanied by the SCAA flavour wheel. I have roasted some Medium Panamanian and a Dark to try the difference in the roasts and have a med/dark Timor. Peter has roasted up some Monsooned Malabar gold to a medium as well. It is going to be sooo good. It's so difficult trying not to use the fresh stuff, deep breathi g and giving it time to degas!

Hoping to do a coffee shop tour on monday as we have the day off school. Hopefully we can hit Caffe Fantastico then 2% Jazz ending the day in my favourite place: The Keating Cafe! Anyone from outside Victoria I thoroughly recommend you go to everyone of these places at some point, you are missing out if you don't. It should be me, Joe and hopefully Peter will be coming this time too!

The Cafe went pretty well last night. We opened late and still made a fair few latte's. My moment of glory was pouring a beautiful heart into a cup while I was still steaming milk for the next one, which was also a nice heart in a cylindrical mug. Marika in aussieland can pour two rosettas at the same time, but she is a professional! Maybe I can still give it a go thought!

I'll try and get some pics up from the espresso tasting tomorrow and of some recent latte art. I have been playing around with Luigi's style and got a full cup of swirls which I etched into a nice flower pattern, sooo much fun!

Glad to see Jimmy's back on-line! Yippee!

Cheers for now
Scott

1 Comments:

Blogger Saqib Khatri said...

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. My First Espresso

5:19 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home