Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Crema


Yummy
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
After pulling many an espresso shot sans crema, we discovered that it is related to how freshly the beans were roasted. For example, the less time between the beans being roast and being used the more crema you should have.

This doesn't answer my question though of: "What is Crema?"

So Google said Crema is...

This picture was of a shot from home roasted Organic Timor. Home roasting, we are finding is producing soooo much more crema than beans we buy else where. We have even had really dark red crema. Not bad when the total investment is under $100.

Yesterday I went on an espresso tour of Victoria with Jordan and Alex. We started at Mocambo, which was not a very pleasing experience, went on to Mirage, then Caffe Fantastico then 2% Jazz. We then caught the bus up to The Keating Cafe and met Jimmy and at one point there were 6 of us CoffeeGeeks in the cafe.

Soon I will explain why my espresso photos only have espresso coming out one hole and describe my experience at Mocambo. Thanks to Jimmy, Jordan, Alex and Peter (who cycled up to meet us at Keating!) for a great day. I was sooo coffee'd out I bought a pound of Level Ground De-caf on the return journey, for a night-cap!

Cheers
Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home