Sunday, April 10, 2005

A Moment of Sacrilige


Heart
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
This is the little tea cup that I have fallen in love with. How could I not, it is bright yellow with golden oriental dragons all over it, and has a matching saucer! It is a similar shape to the cups that Artigiano use for their lattes except it's a lot smaller. Look at this heart and tell me it's not worht using. This is not even the best heart I have done in this cup either, which brings me back tro my digital camera issue! Thanks to Joe for the use of his. I am really enjoying doing hearts at the moment, there are a lot of females here that appreciate coffee made by me and Pete. So, a heart usually makes a bigger impact than a Rosetta would.

I visited Mirage Coffee yesterday as I wanted to see for myself the image that had been portrayed about the place. I was very impressed with the place. It looked good. The two Elektras looked incredible, the art work was sweet, and the music, colours, atmosphere were just great. All to be topped of with very nice latte art. I know what you're thinking now: What about the coffee/espresso. Well, I didn't actually have an espresso, as I was recommended not to, but the latte was pretty good. There definate chocolate tones throughout and the heart was pretty good, Jon got a pretty decent rosetta as well.

I went back later to visit Jordan in his humble shot preparing abode. Had another latte with Peter and Joe. Mine was the only one without art! I was very disappointed as my goal of being there was to get an idea of the image the cafe is trying to portray. the respect here is for the art not for the espresso beneath. Jordan preapred our shots in the after noon and mine was definately better than my first that day, mainly because Jordan seemed to care so much more for the espresso and how it is responsible for creating the good drink, not the art!

On the topic of art I'm off to practice mine now. One of our cook's just gave me some coffee from a place called Peet's Coffee in Berkley California. It is a very nice dark roast blend.

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home