Saturday, April 09, 2005

Black Cat


yum, black cat
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
Intelligensia Black Cat has been regarded as one of the better espresso blends out there. I was more than happy to recieve half a pound as a gift from a pal from Vancouver. Over easter break he returned to his home in vancouver and visited Artigiano, as one opened on his block recently.

I was quite impressed but was surpised at how bitter it actually was. There were definate chocolate flavours and toffee/praline midtones with underlying hints of clove, anise and tangerine? A very well rounded espresso that was smooth as a ristretto, despite the bitterness. I say bitter but I think tangy/tart may describe it better.

The photo is clearly two bags of Black Cat and my newly acquired tea cup. (6oz. Latte cup!!!) I will upload some nice art pics soon in the little
cup.

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home