Monday, April 18, 2005

My new wee machiney

Here is my latest ebay purchase:



I snapped up the bid at the last minute and only payed 37GBP for it. The going rate for a new one is somewhere between 200 and 300 GBP ($450CDN). It's a real gamble though as mentioned before bedcause I will not get to see or use it until the 27th of May when I return home. It seems to be in good condition and all working, and if it is crap I'll sell it again on ebay!

Features:
•  Commercial chrome plated brass portafilter handle
•  Commercial Brew Group
•  17.5 Bar Pump and 1425 Watt Boiler
•  Thermoset Plastic Housing
•  64 oz Reservoir Capacity
•  Improved Turbo Frother (to be modified!!!)
•  Coffee Pod Ready (won't be used for though...)
•  Cup Warmer

I'm really looking forward to using it, besides the plastic housing I don't think I have any complaints about it. I have been looking through the EspressoParts catalogue and have finall realised what I'm getting myself into financially. The cost sure mounts up! Let's say in the next 6/7 months I upgrade machine and grinder to the silvia & rocky combination, thats about $1000, then I'll need some tampers, $150, then a knock box, PID, tamp station, bigger frothing pitchers, measuring glasses, nice demitasse, etc etc. The list never ends! I'm sure the bank manager will love my credit card!

On a different note, everyone who's anyone seems to be at the SCAA and WBA in Seattle this weekend. Looks like a blast, I wish I had have been able to get over but with not being Canadian I would have needed a Visa... next year the WBA is in Switzerland I think so hopefully I can get to it then!

It's 7:30pm, that must mean it's latte time!
Scott

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Congrats on the new machine. I bet the anticipation is killing!!

3:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Commercial chrome plated brass portafilter handle" -- Realy??

Gaggia also makes expensive ice cream makers!

Even if the machien sucks, it still looks phat.

3:29 am  
Blogger amany said...

شركة تنظيف بالاحساء شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام

9:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home