Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Cafe

One of the problems we have from running a cafe one night a week is that we require our 'customers' to bring their own mug. Not only does this increase the pressure of trying to pour art into every cup, it means varying amounts of milk and needing to have some of our own cups available for those that forget thie own cups. The latest conquest was one guy from Quebec who brought a thermos mug with him. We were tempted to try and make him hang around and use one of our cups but then decided to give it a go, after all JonR10 has proven it possible! The result:



And a very shocked and satisfied customer.

Other news: I currently have a bid on a Gaggia Espresso. I really like the retro 70's look. If I can get it cheap it means I'll have a decent machine ready to use as soon as I get home to Northern Ireland at the end of May. During which time I'll be saving crazily to invest in a Rancilio Silvia . This machine is basically a commercial machine in a domestic package. The design is of simple beauty with the polished chrome and brushed stainless steel combination. Of course I'll also need a grinder during all this! I'm hoping to pick up a Gaggia MDF while I save for a Rancilio Rocky grinder. I think a Mazzer might be a little extravagent!

That's all for now. My Birthday was great fun and the weather is on the turn. There is a Coffee God and I'm off to worship him! (sorry if that offends!)

Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had a Silvia. I have one and she's pretty good to get really good on. I think you should get a mazzer mini - i was never happy with the rocky and figure you'd save more money in the long-term buy not having to upgrade to a better grinder. However, I should say that the rock is a fine grinder.. get the doserless for sure

3:32 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home