Friday, April 08, 2005

Espresso Tasting


Malabar Gold ristretto
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
It's official, espresso is my favourite beverage in the world! The espresso tasting was indeed a success! Hooray for success!

To kick start Peter ground up some Monsooned Malabar Gold, Med Roast. This is a picture of the initial ristretto from it. It was absolutely divine. I found it really smooth with initial hints of chocolate, crisp toffee midtones and a sharp clove finish. Through-out there was a lingering spiciness which we had expected from the bean. We did indeed use the SCAA Tasting Wheel.

Life is good. I am on a roll with latte art again, it has been a few weeks since my last un-artted (invented word!) latte. Hearts are coming along really well, thanks to Joe's camera I'll be able to share some nice images soon. I really like a well executed heart. Rosetta's are by far the king of latte art but a well done heart is a great way to express my love for coffee I find. (Emotional moment!)

Images shall follow in the near future. I'm off to prepare for our big show tomoroow. Pearson puts on a show every year called One World. A cultural demonstration of the many nationalities represented at the college. We are usually sold out with about 1500 people attending each show (we do 3 in total). I am the backstage manager and am performing in three act's, Joe is the assistant backstage manager and is in two acts. Life is busy but good. Espresso keeps our heart's beating! Yay for Espresso!

I'm very happy,
Stay Tuned
Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to agree... of course, when done right =)

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home