Thursday, March 31, 2005

My first crotchless attempt!


Scott coffee 002
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
Easter monday is a day that will remain with me forever. The day I learned what difference is made by having a crothchless/naked/bottomless portafilter. Jimmy let me come round and try my hand at the 3-group Rancilio they operate at the Keating Cafe. Under the watchful eye of John, Geir's business partner, I prepared and pulled a shot of Mexican Malinal. (The coffee of choice at John's other cafe) I was totally amazed not only at the amount of crema, the colours, the tiger striping, the specking, how much more impressive the mouthfeel is but at the fact that my distribution was so even. It was so weird and challenging to go from a 48mm portafilter to a 58mm and to get it right was a very rewarding feeling. Jimmy took me through the flavour wheel and helped me vocalise what I could taste. This is a great step for espresso tasting. It made the few days a lot more interesting in terms of espresso. I haven't even considered making a latte since Monday.

I'll post my latte attempt next. Sorry about the flash in this pic, they used to have a light behind the counter which made watching the shots easy but Jimmy blew that one up when flushing the portafilter. A story that is not mine to tell, apparently it was like gunshot. Wish I had have been there when it happened; it would have felt like home!

Cheers
Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow it super perfect taste!
I thing it good product .soon it will reach the market….
Give more information about ur product uses...
Coffee Equipment

6:55 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home