Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Todays attempt


Rosetta
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
Thought i'd give this latte art thing a go again. It's been a few days since i've had time but I think i can still do it.

Here is my tea time latte. Sorry about the sarcasm before, I am rather bitter that I had to pull a second shot as the first was horrible, thus the milk went bubbly and tried to seperate and the usual hassle! The result not being too shabby though, it was a little on the cool side regards temperature.

The second shot was worth the wait though. It came through as a very nice one ounce ristretto, crema a little scarce due to the age of the beans, but hey I don't have enough spare time just yet to get fully going in terms of fresh beans etc all the time. It will make me appreciate getting them a lot more.

My bike is off the road until tomorrow. :-( It is getting a new exhaust as well as a puncture repaired and the stand is also getting welded. That comes with a hefty price tag of 155 pounds! ($348.75 cdn) I am not amused but hey, it needs to be done! The new exhaust will be a power pipe instead of a standard one. Apparently it is cheaper but it actually increases performance also. That should give me a top end of about 55mph and a faster acceleration. WooHoo!!!

Can't Wait
Later
Scott

4 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Scott, this is the first day i've been home from work. I've been at this camp on a little island. no email, phone, self generated electricity: pretty cut off. I miss you like crazy. I'm only home for 3 days, but when i'm back for good at the end of august i'll get a microphone and skype. I've had my krappy krups at camp and have converted a number of people to espresso based drinks and this other girl and i are pushing each other to pull better shots and get better milk. Had quite a row with a starbucks worker who was up for a week and was trying to explain to me that a machiatto (spelling?) is really a 10-16 ounce drink with espresso shots dropped through foamed milk. that being said, i've been getting really great shots (for my machine) out of kicking horse's cliffhanger espresso beans. really red crema, and i'm getting art (well, my art) every time. Mostly they like like really sloppy christmas trees with diseased hearts at the top but my colleagues are nonetheless impressed. will email you/skype you soon hopefully. all the best,

alex

10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man

I'm just writing to let you know that I miss you soooo badly... mhhh I'm going back to pc soon and I'm really looking forward to it, it's amazing to think of that I have a full year left where everything can happend. But somehow I'm also a bit unsure about it... I don't know... I have lots of strange feelings about going back, nomatter what I know that it's not gonna be the same without you cofee-guys!! hey talk to you soon on Skype..
Take care

- Ferdinand

11:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scott, just wanted to say it was really nice to talk to you again today. see you in the morning for your coffee test!
Nicky (queen espresso maker of the juice bar?!)

4:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok scott so don't think i'm a weirdo for commenting again but i have decided i'm going to be one of those baresta people and today i did a heart on a coffee and i watched the video and did it first time but i was by myself and i got really excited and jumped but there was actually no-one i knew nearby that i could tell and it took cindy and cathy 5 mins to get back from their fegs and i was like aaaaaahhhh look at me!! and then i recreated it later but then lost it and i really am upset now, plus i drank 2 lattes today and they were double shots cuz we lost our single shot thing and flip me i'm such a baresta now!!
and i'm sorry for being such a weirdo for commenting again, please don't be scared but you are the only person i know that is coffee and i don't even know you!!

10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home