Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Got myself a wee french press


Tastebud positions
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
After over a week of searching I finally got myself and 8-cup french press from Tesco's today. It is great. My headache shifted within seconds! I was also impressed with the quality of the coffee given the fact that it was pre-ground store bought beans, the press wasn't that expensive and I've been out of the loop for a while now. But at least I have something now to focus my attention on. The coffee itself had very strong almond notes which was pleasant and the sludge level was minimal.

I like this pic of the tongue. I let my friend Joel try some of the coffee and his initial reaction was, "arrgh this is really bitter, i can feel it in the back of my mouth." He is not a coffee drinker but I can see potential here. I'll wait until I get a machine and intorduce him to a nice wet cappa or 16oz. latte and get him into espresso the long way.

I showed my mum my blog yesterday and the video's that myself and others have made. She is convinced she'll be able to do latte art and wants to try when I get a machine. She doesn't drink coffee, so i guess i'll either be drinking lots of coffee or throwing lots away.

It's disappointing to return to a place where coffee is STILL somewhere between it's first and second wave. Starbies is becoming a more common site with about 3-5 stores here now. I was in one last week and got a decent extra shot caramel macchiato as it is the only thing semi palatable available. Someone with my accent faking an italian twang when pronouncing macchiato is horrible.

I've just finished drafting the agenda for our staff meeting tonight. 10 items...should be faster than a village meeting at least. (Pearson Joke so don't worry if ya don't get it!)

I miss and love all you Pearson People. Phone calls are in order soon. There is a distinct lack of warm human contact i my life.

Speak to you all soon.
Scott

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott
Finally you've posted something new... it's nice cause you just don't check your emails right!!! Anyways just saying hi to you and that I miss you... We've been doing some fun stuff here at Race Rocks... You'd have loved being here. Ok I'll try to write you later on. Don't disappear!
Love
Rita

6:02 pm  
Blogger Scott said...

I always check Rita, don't always get a chance to reply. Small steps, i have been getting quite a lot of email recently! Speak to you soon.

love you
Scott

10:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
Thought I should start my coffee research from next year- I've almost got the milk right haha. Hope all is well and I'll e-mail you sometime soon. Cheers,
Steph

8:56 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

asdf

10:21 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

ahh, sorry about the "asdf." this thing confuses me. Thank you for finally posting again scott! i check this thing like all the time just hoping to hear something, anything, not necessarily about coffee. what happened to the machine that was supposed to be there? miss you big time man, all the best,

alex

10:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok i have mastered the milk for latte art, i can pretty much do it, you know the wee squiggly thing, that has some kind of fancy name in the coffee world, i call it a squiggle but no-one ever buys latte so i'm lackig practice, i'm not even a big fan myself, but yeah go me and my latte art, its not even hard, still can't make cappucino though...

5:06 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

scott, just looking again at the art (the La-tayy) post. man that should be on coffee geek's front page. have you showed that to many people? that's probably the coolest art i've seen. i'm back home this week and so i'm going to be trying some more art! (god damn krups single shot piece of mother #*$(#@%). anyways, ttysoon

alex

8:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,

It's nice to see that you have continued posting now that you have returned home (even if it is not as frequent as before) and back to a demanding job. You are definatly the coffee master. I discovered that there aren't any coffe shops in Newfoundland worth going to (out of the 3). So, I would like it if you could coach me through buying one on ebay. I would like to not spend more than $60 (can). Man, I really miss your lattes and your company in East House day room. And, I miss you beyond belief. Take care and post as often as possible. Can't wait for a road trip, either in north america or europe.

take care,

Jon

1:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, that's a coffee machine I want to buy on ebay, not a coffee shop. Man I need a cup of coffee.

Jon

1:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey scotty, i know ferdinand told you about coming to brazil... And I know you guys are planning a road trip but think about it.. it would be really nice to have you all coming for carnaval... Anyways, keep posting... Miss you
Love
Rita

8:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.FreeiPodShuffle.com/?r=19359576

9:08 pm  
Blogger amany said...


شركة تنظيف سجاد الشارقة شركة تنظيف سجاد الشارقة
شركة تنظيف كنب الشارقة شركة تنظيف كنب الشارقة
شركة تنظيف كنب الفجيرة شركة تنظيف كنب الفجيرة
شركة تنظيف سجاد الفجيرة شركة تنظيف سجاد الفجيرة
شركة تنظيف سجاد ام القوين شركة تنظيف سجاد ام القوين
شركة تنظيف كنب ام القوين شركة تنظيف كنب ام القوين
شركة تنظيف سجاد راس الخيمة شركة تنظيف سجاد راس الخيمة
شركة تنظيف كنب راس الخيمة شركة تنظيف كنب راس الخيمة




10:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home