Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Latte- try La-Tayy...


la-tayy...
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
I am back! I stayed with my host family for a long weekend to see them before going home next week. (Host families are families in the surrounding community that host students from Pearson during periods that may be times when we need a break from school life or if we need somewhere to stay during holidays when making an international trip home would prove expensive. I think I got the best of the bunch with my host family although my host mum might say I'm biased for saying that!)

Being gone for the four days has meant; wait for it... no espresso machines/good espresso for that time! I know it sure is heart breaking... i did have one espresso at a place in Sidney which was terrible. It was listed a regular or medium in the menu which proved confusing to the "barista" there. As was expected it was a 5oz overextracted drink in a 10oz cylindrical mug. Disappointing as they had lots of illy espresso cups on top of the machine. Another Point of Interest was that they bought bags of Java Club coffee, $8 for 2lbs and were filling up their bulk bins with it and selling it as Columbian Supremo for $2.49 per 100gms. A sign of quality...

Peter roasted some beans over the weekend with today being their prime. He did some malabar and bolivian. Today I am roasting up the last of my Panama Garrido Volcancito and my Organic Timor. The last week is going to be a caffeine fuelled emotional roller coaster of goodbyes and celebration of exams finishing. It will be difficult saying goodbye after living so closely with the same 200 people for a year, one hundred for both years. Living so closely together has developed friendships i would say are harder to come by anywhere else. It will be a painful time but hopefully we become more determined to ensure a lasting friendship that involves visits long before our ten year reunion!

Jon finishes his exams in half an hour and a tradition here is to jump into Peddar bay after you finish the last one so I am off to watch the jump.

Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has become a latte art blog!!!! =)

3:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home