Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Shot pt 3


Shot pt 3
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
The end at 25 seconds. It was with clements house espresso blend.

It actually tasted better thatn when they make it. I think they have the same problem as the juice bar beside the subway I was in for a while there. The problme being that the barista's (or people using the machine as I would be inclined to call them...) do not understand the importance of a fine grind and merely just assume that whatever comes out is right... Not the fault of the people but surely with clement having the number one and two baristas in the UK they could train their staff to adjust the grind occasionally. Apparently the staff of Tonic (the juice bar) were trained by one of the clements guys which I find disappointing as they seem to have been left alone, the only time the grind setting changes I believe is when they move it accidently when cleaning it! As amusing as this is, it just irritates me that I feel I could have explained and trained the staff better. I hope Nicky gets to grips with latte art as i feel this would increase the coffee sales for the store which is primarily a juice bar.

Enough of my ranting though. It's only cos i care and get frustrated when i get better results at home than in cafes...

Scott

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cubika's rock man!!!! Nice to see some coffee postings again! Keep it up.

4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't post my picture of my heart here!!

i wanted you to judge it!

did you use those stolen beans yet?

8:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh we ran out of syrup for mochas so just putiing in hot chocolate instead and i did a heart in the hot chocolate over the espresso!!! and my friend has been working in a real coffee shop for 2 years and she can't do anything. and she's jealous....real baristas are jealous of meeee!!
(is this your coffee diary or mine?)

5:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

plus you are actually quite mean to us cuz i've never even been trained by this Sarah woman, i was just written down what to do and then left with it, so i think you're unfair really.

5:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home