Sunday, May 01, 2005

Grinder; grr!


Fav Rosetta
Originally uploaded by espresso_lover.
I think we have reached about as far as we can with the equipment we have. We grind with a blade grinder, make espresso in a machine that has no means of existence anwhere else (and has a group head sitting at a 45 degree angle) and steam with a Krups Nova with a 1/2 inch steam arm. Talk about a challenge! Due to being poor students we have also resorted to using Java Club beans ($8.50 for 2lb bag!) now that our home roasting has slowed due to lack of beans. Now it is onyl 4 weeks until I return home to my Gaggia Espresso. I can't wait as it will be back to square one more thanlikely with regards to steaming! I'll also have to find out what size the portafilter basket is before going home so that I can hopefully get a Reg Barber tamper while I am here. To top it all off I will need a grinder as espresso joints are few and far between in Northern Ireland, at the moment... So I guess i'll have to try and pick up a cheap Gaggai MDF before getting home as well, another ebay venture no doubt!

Before going I will haev to do a last minute run up to 2% Jazz and the Keating Cafe to get some beans to take back with me to keep me going until I evaluate the scene back in Belfast.

I have got a job to return to, should give me something to talk about next time. I'm off to make the most out of being familiar with Peter's machines and make some more art!

Later
Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home