Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Under Pressure

Life is getting busier and busier as the days go on. So I have taken three minutes to update and have a break from life. If it isn't the heavy worload from being at Pearson it's the childishness of some of our departments that really aggravate people. Take our maintenance department for example. A student played a joke on them so they cut down a swing that was built on to a tree by students. They claimed it was damaging the tree but it hadn't even succeeded in cutting the bark full circle! There's nothing worse than environmentalism that is uneducated and naive!

I've just finished reocrding my CD for my IB music. It contains 8 songs, one of which I wrote. I am doing Voice for my IB, after hearing myself on CD I can't understand why anyone would want to listen! People keep telling me I can sing, but I would argue differently... maybe someone can throw in an opinion either way...

A group of girls performed some of the Vagina Monologues here on Sunday. A very moving and humorous series of exerpts! Congratulations to them for producing such an amazing performance.

The Cafe was a blast last night. We started out with one of the machines packing in. SO we had our one for espresso and the other one we used for steaming stopped steaming. It turned out to be a line blockage which Peter tended to while I tried to keep up with demands for our coffee, which might I add is impressing some Italian students at the college. Students that are accustomed to quality, I love customer feedback! Anyway, the steam wand got repaired and is even better than when Pete got the machine! Steaming time has gone from nearly 3 minutes to about 30-45 seconds. It seems comparitivly hard to control and we were getting rather big bubbles, but after a few tries we're back pouring art again.

Gonna go here, should have some new latte art pics soon.
The sun is splitting the trees here, I hope it's like this everywhere and you can all enjoy!
Scott

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Nothing like a line blockage on your steam wand during peak hours! Thankfully, a staple did the trick and it was back to business for us. Our music was pretty hot too... a blend of Daft Punk, LCD Soundsystem, the Postal Service, the Futureheads and a Jockey Slut promo disc.

4:46 am  
Blogger Scott said...

Nice staple reference, thankfully this staple wasn't a potato!

3:54 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home