Saturday, March 12, 2005

Nasty and Nice

Salsa dancing is sooo much fun. I can barely move my legs today but thats fine. You can't beat hip swinging with members of the opposite sex from all around the world! After speaking spanish for about 7 hours I feel a lot more confident but I still don't feel any more pprepared for my orals next week!

We started off by going to Los Taquitos (The small tacos) for dinner. I had tortillas con Bisteck (Steak Tortillas.) It was very god. We then left for the mall when Joe, Ashwin, Felipe and I headed staight for McDonalds where Joe kindly offered a Hot Fudge Sundae, Yum! We then decided to go to Serious Coffee as it is better than *$'s and Blenz. However I left extremely disappointed. The last time I was there I had some very enjoyable espresso poured by a guy from London (England not Ontario!) But this time what I got was a double eXpresso poured into a TAKE-AWAY CUP! It was the most unreal experience. I was almost angry but could only feel pity for the girl after she conseutively gave me then Joe our EXpresso's. Poor girl couldn't even read the menu properly! I can only ask myself: "How would Serious Coffeee be today if Geir Oglend (the creator) hadn't sold it?"

Oh well, setting that aside we went to the Salsa Palace on Broad St. which was very entertaining. There were all kinds of people here from Pro's to absolute beginners. After much toe stepping, hip banging and knocking other couples out of the way I retired back to Pearson arriving shortly after midnight then crashed. A great night despite only being allowed to communicate in Spanish and feeling guilty every time I burst into English.

So my english teacher has decided that he won't lend us his blade grinder, for various reasons, and we are stuck with 3 batches of beans that are in day 4 and 5 after roasting. I hope he changes his mind soon! I haen't really poured anything worth showing recently anyway. But I'll post some pics across from flickr in another post.

Scott



This is the Giants Causeway in N. Ireland. Myths say that it was created by giants that wanted to walk across to Scotland but in actual fact it is a volcanic formation of thousands of rocks that are all perfect hexagons. Very Cool!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'd like to know where I can meet other people who enjoy strickly come dancing. I've joined this site (strickly come dancing) but where else can I meet other local fans of strickly come dancing?

3:04 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home