Sunday, June 25, 2006

Attempt at art in take-away cup


Attempt at art in take-away cup
Originally uploaded by i_got_art.
As i am hoping to implement latte art in my new job i thought i tmight be a good idea to practice it before I start. Here is the result. Crap! I wil need a lot more practice to get it up to my usual standard. http://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/latteart/121020?LastView=1151183680&Page=62 follow this link to see some real take away art from artigiano. God i'm jealous.

Who will start making bowl shaped take away cups????????

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Yeah Scott, it can be tough to get going in to-go cups. Once you catch on it's pretty easy. I have art on every one of my to-go lattes, mochas, hot chocolates, etc. It's very, very difficult to get to Artigiano's level. Their customer volumes allow for intense practice... good luck with your new job!

6:01 pm  
Blogger Jonathan Howse said...

The job sounds great! And the coffee and art looks/probably tastes better than anything I can get around here.

I am working at Cycle Solutions for the summer as the head organizing dude of the race series, and as a trail builder/ lackie. Though I do get to server espresso to customers while they shop. We provide it for free, but it's a lot of fun for me. I've even been able to get a restretto out of the cheap home machine a few times. As soon as I get paid I'm going to get a pitcher and some milk and go crazy.

Anyway bud, take care and I hope you're loving the new job!

Jon

3:33 pm  
Blogger Jonathan Howse said...

Scott!

I'm a Barista!

4:15 pm  
Blogger Jonathan Howse said...

Congrats on winning the paper, latte art comp!!!!

1:29 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home